Illinois Derby Challenge
Saturday, April 22, 2017
On April 22, the Illinois Derby returns to Hawthorne – and the Illinois Derby Challenge returns!
Once again, Danonymous Racing teams up with Nicolle Neulist (@rogueclown) to host a handicapping contest to benefit Galloping Out. Galloping Out is dedicated to the rescue, care, rehabilitation and retraining of thoroughbreds who have raced on the Chicago circuit, or who were bred in Illinois.
The contest will be a $2 mythical win/place format, featuring the Grade 3 Illinois Derby, two other stakes races at Hawthorne that day, and select other big races from coast to coast.
SEE CONTEST RACES AND ENTRY FORM BELOW.
This contest is free to play – but in order to qualify for the prize, you have to donate at least $10 to Galloping Out. You can donate via PayPal (go to their “donate” page, and scroll to the bottom), or mail your donation to the address on their site. Send your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll be eligible to win the prize!
What is the prize? We have a signed and framed photograph of 2002 Illinois Derby winner War Emblem after his upset score in the Kentucky Derby! Support a great cause, and win a great piece of horse racing history!
- Only one entry allowed per person.
- Anyone can play, but to be eligible for a prize, the player must have donated at least $10 to Galloping Out, and must have sent proof of donation to email@example.com.
- All selections must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
- For each individual race selection, please enter the horse’s program number only.
- Scores will reflect the returns on mythical $2 win-place bets on each selected horse.
- If your selection is scratched, you will receive the post time favorite in the race.
- Should there be a tie, the highest score from an individual race will serve as the tiebreaker.