Handicapping Contest & Fundraiser
Saturday, January 9, 2016
If there’s one thing that users of this site have proven time and time again over the past three years it’s that they step up when a worthwhile cause presents itself. This weekend, we’re asking all of you to step up yet again, this time for a friend of ours who is dealing with a major health issue.
Jockey Fray Martinez, who rode for part of the past two years in Maryland, has been diagnosed with Leukemia and is undergoing treatment. The rider from Puerto Rico, just 21 years old, is extremely soft-spoken and kind. Our hearts ache for Fray and we’d love to do anything we can to help. Therefore, we’ve put together a contest this week where you can win one of two really neat prizes. All we ask is that you help Fray, if you can.
Signed goggles from Fray’s good friend and Eclipse Award winning jockey Victor Carrasco, and leading Laurel Park rider Jevian Toledo. Winner will have their choice between the two and the runner up will receive the other pair. Good luck!
- The contest is open to all and is FREE.
- In order to be eligible to win this week’s prize, you must make a minimum $10 donation to benefit Fray Martinez.
- Donations may be made through a fund set up for Fray HERE.
- Email a receipt of your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one entry allowed per person.
- Fill out the form below completely, including your name, email and Twitter handle.
- Submit one selection for each race below, beginning with Aqueduct, race 3.
- Your selection should only include your selected horse’s program number.
- A scratch of your selection will result in a default pick of the post time favorite.
- Mythical bankroll totals will reflect $2 win and place payouts for winning selections.
- In the event of a tie, the player with highest return on a single race will be named the winner.
- Selections are DUE no later than 1:00 PM Eastern on Saturday, January 9.