Danonymous Racing Teams Up with Charitable Wager for 2016 Breeders’ Cup Contest
Monday, October 24, 2016
Charitablewager.com will host a 2016 Breeders’ Cup Contest sponsored by Danonymous Racing on November 4th and 5th. In past years, Danonymous Racing readers helped raise more than $2,000 for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance on Breeders’ Cup weekend. This year, with the support of Charitable Wager, we hope to increase our fundraising total and make a substantial donation to a charity of the contest winner’s choosing.
In the spirit of the horse racing twitter world uniting for good, all participants will be asked to voluntarily donate $20 to compete in a mythical bankroll handicapping contest on all thirteen Breeders’ Cup championship races. The the winner gets to decide what charity receives all of the donation pool. Players in the contest may choose to play for any of the following charities:
- BBC: Breeders’ Cup Charities
- BCCA: Belmont Child Care Association
- CDBLC: Churchill Backside Learning
- GJC: Grayson Jockey Club Research
- LR: Long Run Thoroughbred Retirement Society
- NMR: National Museum of Racing
- OF: Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Farms
- PDJF: Permanently Disabled Jockey Fund
- RTCA: Race Track Chaplaincy Of America
- RTCC: Race Track Chaplaincy Of Canada
- SWHF: Saratoga War Horse Foundation
- SPF: Square Peg Foundation
- TAA: Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- TCA: Thoroughbred Charities of America
100% of the donation pool will go to the designated charity.
ALSO, The winner of the contest will also receive a framed 16 x 20 of Breeders’ Cup Classic favorite California Chrome winning the Dubai World Cup, signed by jockey Victor Espinoza.
Preliminary rules include:
- Mythical bankroll totals will reflect $2 win-place-show payouts for winning selections. Contest payouts will be those reported by Equibase at Santa Anita.
- In the event of a tie, player with highest return on a single race will be named the winner.
- Selections are due no later than 2:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, November 4, 2016.
- All disputes will be decided by the Charitable Wager Host and will be final.
The contest entry form will be posted soon after the post position draw.
For more on the contest, visit Charitable Wager.