Danonymous Racing Partners with Charitable Wager for 2017 Pegasus World Cup Contest
Monday, January 16, 2017
Charitablewager.com, a horse racing handicapping contest site that raises awareness and funding of racing charities, will host a 2017 Pegasus World Cup Contest sponsored by Danonymous Racing on Saturday, January 28.
Over the years, Danonymous Racing readers have helped raise tens of thousands of dollars for both racing and non-racing charities, through contests designed to encourage involvement and engagement with the very generous community that surrounds this site. By teaming up with Charitable Wager, we hope to raise a significant amount of awareness and support for a number of vital racing charities.
In thePegasus World Cup Contest, all participants will be asked to voluntarily donate $20 to compete in a mythical bankroll handicapping contest on all seven stakes races on the Gulfstream Park on January 28.
The menu of races in the thoroughbred handicapping contest follows:
- $12,000,000 G1 Pegasus World Cup – 1 1/8 miles on dirt
- $400,000 Poseidon Stakes – 1 1/8 miles on dirt
- $200,000 G3 La Prevoyante Handicap – 1 1/2 miles on turf
- $200,000 G3 W.L. McKnight Handicap – 1 1/2 miles on turf
- $125,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Sprint Stakes – 5 furlongs on turf
- $125,000 Ladies’ Turf Sprint Stakes – 5 furlongs on turf
- $100,000 G3 Hurricane Bertie Stakes – 7 furlongs on dirt
The the winner gets to decide what charity receives all of the donation pool. Players in the contest may choose to play for any of the following charities:
- BBC: Breeders’ Cup Charities
- BCCA: Belmont Child Care Association
- CDBLC: Churchill Backside Learning
- EG: Equine Guelph
- GJC: Grayson Jockey Club Research
- KHPF: Kentucky Horse Park Foundation
- LR: Long Run Thoroughbred Retirement Society
- NMR: National Museum of Racing
- NTRA: NTRA Charities
- OF: Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Farms
- PDJF: Permanently Disabled Jockey Fund
- R4Ed: The Race For Education
- RTCA: Race Track Chaplaincy Of America
- RTCC: Race Track Chaplaincy Of Canada
- SWHF: Saratoga War Horse Foundation
- SPF: Square Peg Foundation
- TAA: Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- TCA: Thoroughbred Charities of America
- WF: Winners Foundation
100% of the donation pool will go to the designated charity.
The winner of the contest will also receive a framed 16 x 20 of Pegasus World Cup co-favorite California Chrome winning the Dubai World Cup, signed by jockey Victor Espinoza.
- Mythical bankroll totals will reflect $2 win-place-show payouts for winning selections. Contest payouts will be those reported by Equibase at Gulfstream Park.
- In the event of a tie, player with highest return on a single race will be named the winner.
- Selections are due no later than the “off time” for the first contest race.
- All disputes will be decided by the Charitable Wager Host and will be final.
The contest entry form will be posted HERE soon after the post position draw on Monday, January 23.
For more on the contest, visit Charitable Wager.