Since 2014, it has been the largest annual fundraiser on DanonymousRacing.com and it’s back again for 2016.
We are in the midst of our third-annual ‘Cappers for Causes Triple Crown Handicapping Series & Fundraiser.
Thus far, our 2016 fundraising drive has raised more than $2,500 for the charities below!
HOW IT WORKS
Each Triple Crown Saturday (Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes Day), DanonymousRacing.com will host a handicapping contest which will be FREE to play, however to qualify for prizes a minimum donation of $10 must be made. 100% of the money collected goes into the fundraising pool for our designated charities.
Contributions may be sent in via PayPal to DanonymousRacing@Gmail.com.
- The contest is open to all and is FREE. To be eligible to win this week’s prize, players must donate a minimum of $10 (via PayPal to DanonymousRacing@Gmail.com) in support of #Cappers4Causes.
- Only one entry allowed per person.
- Fill out the contest form at the bottom of the page completely.
- Include your name, email and Twitter handle.
- Submit one selection for each race below.
- Your selection should only include your horse’s program number (NOT THE HORSE’S NAME)
- A scratch of your selection will result in a default pick of the post time favorite.
- Mythical bankroll totals will reflect $2 win and place payouts for winning selections.
- In the event of a tie, player with highest return on a single race will be named the winner.
- Selections are DUE no later than 12:30 p.m. EDT on Saturday, May 21, 2016.
CONTEST RACES BELOW. ALL TIMES EASTERN.
The winner of our #Cappers4Causes Preakness contest will WIN a photo of 2006 Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro, signed by jockey Edgar Prado. This item was purchased and donated by our friend Steve Lasker.
By donating a minimum of $100 to one of our designated charities (see charities below), donors become a ‘capper for that cause. Each contribution goes toward the purchase of racing memorabilia (see below for this year’s items) which will be used as prizes during our Triple Crown handicapping series. Anything raised above and beyond that cost goes toward our general fundraising pool, which then gets divided between our designated charities.
2016 ‘Cappers for Causes Charities and Team Members
Each person below pledged a minimum of $100 to become a ‘capper for a cause.
Members: Damian Cioni, Mike Spector, Marc Lofaro, Billy Blake, Rob Thompson
Members: Michael Beychok, Mark DiLorenzo, ThoroBros, Barbara Bowley
Members: Dan Tordjman, Stephen Lasker, Sal Sinatra, Dan & Peter Gonella
Team 4. Rerun Thoroughbred Adoption
Members: Scott Shapiro, Nicolle Neulist
Team 5. Go and Play Stables
Members: Josh Hanson (founding sponsor), Terri Martin
Team 6. Camp Casey
Members: Steve Zabak, Firehouse Racing Stables LLC., Jason Hart
Team 7. Kids Beating Cancer
Members: Gene Mccluskey, Joe Tartaglia, Bill Starkey