2015 ‘Cappers for Causes
Fundraiser & Handicapping Contest Series
Preakness Contest (LEG 2)
We started our 2015 ‘Cappers for Causes series with a bang on Derby weekend. The first leg of our contest series saw a very competitive showdown that ended with Kenny Schmitt winning a signed and framed 16 x 20 of California Chrome. This week, we’ve got another great prize lined up for our Preakness Day contest.
On the fundraising side, ‘Cappers for Causes is off to a sensational start. To date, we’ve raised more than $3,200 for the seven amazing charities listed below! We want to see that number climb this week, as we try to hit a goal of $5,000 raised.
All you have to do to play in the contest is send a minimum $20 donation via PayPal to DanonymousRacing@gmail.com
*If you’ve already donated for the Derby contest, you don’t have to donate again
100% of the money sent in will be distributed equally to the charities below, which have been designated as beneficiaries of the 2015 ‘Cappers for Causes fundraising drive.
To recap 2014’s ‘Capper for Causes effort, we raised nearly $2,000 for a handful of charities, including ReRun Thoroughbred Adoption, Second Start Thoroughbreds, Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center, Camp Casey and the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
We’ve already raised more than $3,200 during this year’s drive, which runs through the Belmont Stakes. If you haven’t done so yet, now is YOUR TIME TO STEP UP and make a contribution to benefit each of the charities below.
2015 ‘Cappers for Causes Charities and Team Members
Each person below pledged a minimum of $100 to become a ‘Capper for a Cause*
Members: Damian Cioni, Billy Blake, Melissa Keith
Members: Michael Beychok, Tom Quinones, Thoro Bros
Members: Dan Tordjman, Stephen Laker, Kenny Schmitt
Team 4. Rerun Thoroughbred Adoption
Members: Scott Shapiro, Nicolle Neulist
Team 5. Go and Play Stables
Members: Josh Hanson (Founding and lead sponsor), Terri Martin, Claudette Lemesurier, Lori Ferguson
Team 6. Camp Casey
Members: Matt Burke, Joe Tartaglia, Chris Todd, Steve Zabak
Team 7. Kids Beating Cancer
Members: Johnny Love, Gene McCloskey
- The contest is open to everyone who makes a $20 donation to benefit the seven 2015 ‘Cappers for Causes charities listed above.
- Donations can be made via PayPal to DanonymousRacing@gmail.com.
- Email one selection and one alternate (in case your first selection scratches) for each of the contest races to email@example.com.
- Please include each horse’s program number AND name with your entry.
- Also include your name and Twitter handle, if you have one, when you submit your entry.
- The person with the highest bankroll based on imaginary $2 Win/Place tickets on each of their race selections is the week’s WINNER.
- Tiebreakers go to player with the most selected winners, followed by a second tiebreaker of highest single-selection payout.
- Picks are due no later than Noon Eastern on Saturday, May 16, 2015.
Pimlico Race 4: James W. Murphy Stakes
Pimlico Race 5: Maryland Sprint Handicap
Pimlico Race 7: Sir Barton Stakes
Pimlico Race 9: Gallorette Handicap
Pimlico Race 10: Chick Lang Stakes
Pimlico Race 11: The Very One Stakes
Pimlico Race 12: Dixie Stakes
Pimlico Race 13: Preakness Stakes
2015 ‘Cappers for Causes Contest Prizes
(One-time $20 donation to be eligible to win prizes. One donation gets donors entry to all three contests)
Thank you to all of our charity sponsors and everyone taking part in ‘Cappers for Causes 2015!